I’m not a religious kind of a guy…not at all!!! But I have a
special connection with this guy call Ganpati Bappa…! Man…he’s like the coolest
guy around the lords…Never seems to amaze me how people hav a casual approach
with Ganpati…they kinda fear Him...But more so ever they are on very friendly
terms with Him…
In Pune (or Poona as I prefer to call it) Ganesh Festival is
celebrated at whole new high…it’s like a huge gathering for people belonging to
all the races and creeds…But outsiders can feel a little bit out of place if
they don’t know what going on in here…I had a friend from New Delhi who had
just come to stay here in Poona during the festival…he had some pretty interesting
things which I noted down…I had to place some ground rules b4 him in order for
him to understand what’s going on…
- People randomly shouting “Ganpati Bappa Morya” on the streets is very normal. U’ll be given complimentary Prasad if u join them in shouting
- People can randomly start dancing in the streets just out of nowhere- With music or without music…its very normal…Again…complimentary Prasad if u join them plus a shirt full of sweat…
- Those huge pots you see on the road with “Nirmalya” are not kept for beautification…it hav got an actual purpose…
- Eating outside is a boon…U’ll find an amazing number of temporary shacks which dish out some amazing items…Talking about hygiene is not appreciated here…
- If you have a bag or a big wallet…chances are it will be most likely that u’ll return home without it…Its plump time for pickpockets..!!!
- Walking will be the best option of transport…your long drive will be reduced to nothing but a petrol wasting outing…
- Day or Night doesn’t matter…The music will be on 24x7.
- No…our streets are not red…it’s just the gulal…Without it there’s no Ganpati Festival…Sorry…
- 04.00am is probably the best time to visit the Dagduseth Ganpati…All other time u’ll just be able to see people…not the Ganpati…
- Yeah…We make huge Pandals and show random stories in loop for the whole day…U’re not supposed to laugh at the mannequins…I know they look funny…But No..!!
- Drunk people are to be considered as normal people only…They are just enjoying the festival…
- Enjoy it…you have no other option..!
He gradually understood all these rules…And as it turned out…he
enjoyed a lot…I would love to hear from any of you if u know any more of these “Rules”…;)
Hope even you enjoy this festival as much as possible…Be
safe…
Adios..!!

Aww Manu. So so so cute this post is! :)
ReplyDelete